Main Menu Top Menu

Forum

Club VHF/UHF nets

Club VHF/UHF nets  

RSS

W7AUF
(@art)
June 27, 2018 1:29 pm  

Every Wednesday at 7:30 pm VHF net on 147.28/88-Tone 167.9. At 7:45 pm or after the VHF net UHF net on 443.475/448.475-tone 167.9.

Members and non-members are encouraged to check in.  Purpose of the nets is to share amateur information and to maintain our radio equipment and operating abilities in preparation for emergency or community service.

To volunteer to be net control contact Art, W7AUF.

W7AUF
(@art)
July 17, 2018 6:23 pm  

Always looking for volunteers from the club.  I can email you all the information you need.  Don't want to run the net from your home station?  Be my guest and run the net from my station.  I will log for you or help you get started.  We have a fantastic club and it is a privilege to be net control.

Art W7AUF

ReplyQuote
W7AUF
(@art)
July 28, 2018 11:51 am  

Wednesday August 8th, I need a net control replacement.  I will email you everything you need to run the net.  I'd like to get some new people to give it a try.  This is your chance! Either message me here, text my phone number, or email me at the email address in the roster.

ReplyQuote
W7AUF
(@art)
August 13, 2018 7:26 pm  

Just a note about a little change in the net.  If you have checked in frequently or last week I will be calling role.  If you haven't checked in for a while or if its the first time I will be calling for check ins by Alphabet after the role call.  

W7AUF, Art

ReplyQuote
W7AUF
(@art)
September 19, 2018 12:28 pm  

Like to get some feed back from those of you checking into the net about how you like the new format?  Actually this is just a test to see if anyone is checking the web site and the forum section.  This is a great feature if its used!

Thanks Art, W7AUF

ReplyQuote
kj7fbf
(@kj7fbf)
Club Member Admin
March 28, 2019 5:27 pm  

Hello Everybody.  I tried checking into the net last night but nobody seemed to be able to hear me clearly.  I could hear everybody else quite clearly.  I have the offset and tone set correctly (I triple-checked).  Could it be due to my location that I'm not able to get out clearly?  I'm using a Baofeng 8w hand held attached to a car antenna for checking into nets.  We also live out in a hilly and wooded area surrounded by forest.  Ours is a log home with a metal roof.  Could this be the cause, or is my radio just not able to reach out and hit the repeater too well?

This is all very new to me; I just got my call sign at the beginning of the week.  I was thinking that next week maybe I should put the whip antenna on and try transmitting from outside on the porch or a clear area?

Thanks for any help

Roy, KJ7FBF

ReplyQuote
W7AUF
(@art)
June 11, 2019 7:28 pm  

Hi Roy,

I think if you put an antenna on top of that metal roof you would get into the net with out a problem.

Good luck, W7AUF

kj7fbf liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register